For 25 years, Ann’s taught her “Tammy Workshop” in 46 states and 6 countries… now, for the first time, she’s bringing that same workshop into your home!
Watch, participate and follow along as Ann teaches her comprehensive portrait workshop and gives clear step by step demonstrations in a live video workshop.
Zoom is a GREAT classroom. We think you will be very pleased with this way of taking a workshop safely, with no travel, no lugging materials around, no eating out and no hassle. You could take this workshop in your pajamas. :-)
You will receive a supply list and ready-to-print materials plus easy login instructions when you register. You'll also have access to a recording of the workshop after the live workshop ends.
Requirements: A PC, laptop, tablet or iPad with speakers and a decent internet connection.
Ann’s workshop is normally $285. This Virtual Workshop is as low as $85, plus no travel expenses, hotel or expensive meals out, making these workshops a real value for everyone!
What You’ll Learn from Ann's Workshop:
• Ann’s Vertical Line Technique for drawing beautiful skin
• How to create glowing skin tones - light to dark
• Ann’s portrait palette
• How to draw eyes correctly
• How to capture a likeness
• How to accurately gauge values
• Why you want to save drawing the face till last
• Process, not product. You won’t necessarily walk away with a beautiful portrait, but you’ll walk away with the knowledge and practice to make your next portrait a beauty!
• Improve your ability to judge values
• Improve your drawing skills
• Improve your ability to capture a likeness
• Improve your understanding of key colored pencil skills
• Improve your understanding of how to successfully draw a portrait in colored pencil.
We've created two tiers for this workshop to accommodate every budget and every type of learner. Choose your level of participation.
Ann will cover all the basics as you draw “Tammy” together in class. This tier will be similar to watching a pre-recorded video, as there will not be student interaction. Ann will present the material, demonstrate, give you time to draw between demos, and cover all the information she usually covers in her 2-day portrait workshop. Unlimited registration. Registration ends two days before workshop date.
Limited to just 14 students, this tier gives each of you Ann's personal guidance. You can interact with Ann in real time, ask questions, show your progress and receive feedback and suggestions from Ann during the workshop. To make time for questions and critiques, Tier 2 will be an every-other-day, 3-day workshop. Ann will cover all the basics as you draw “Tammy” together in class.
Ann will present the material, give ample step by step demonstrations, give you time to draw between demos, allow time for live Q & A and cover all the information she usually covers in her 2-day portrait workshop. After lunch break each day, Ann will briefly critique each student’s progress.
You will also be invited to a private Facebook group for this class, where you can post your progress and where Ann will comment further. Finally, you'll have access to a recording of the workshop after the workshop concludes.
Not currently scheduled
How it works:
• You'll receive the workshop project reference photo and line drawing to trace when you register, as well as a link to the classroom.
• You'll be invited to a private Facebook group (for sharing your classwork progress) (Tier #2 only)
• On the day of the workshop, just before 8 a.m. Pacific time, you'll click on the link to enter the classroom
• At 8 a.m.Pacific time, Ann will begin the live workshop. You'll follow along with the drawing exercises.
• During the live workshop, you can type in questions in the Chat section of the classroom. Ann will answer these as best she can, time allowing.
• At 10 am Pacific Time, the live workshop will break for 45 minutes.
• During the break, you are encouraged to post a picture of your workshop exercises in the Facebook group (Tier #2 only)
• At 10:45 a.m. Pacific time, the live workshop will begin again, ending at 2 pm, with a short bathroom break in the afternoon.
• Overnight, you are encouraged to post a picture of your workshop exercises in the Facebook group and Ann will comment first thing in the morning. (Tier #2 only)
• On your second workshop day, we will follow the same schedule.
• The day after the workshop, you'll receive extensive notes on the workshop.
• 2-3 days after the workshop concludes, you'll receive a link to a recording of the workshop.
Ann looks forward to meeting you online soon!