Here's why Ann chose this image for you to draw: "How cute is this little guy? We had such an overwhelming response to the recent release of the DRAW Wildlife in Colored Pencil book, so we figured you must love drawing wildlife! This image has some lovely light, a nice soft background, and lots of textures to try your hand at. Get creative, or go realistic - either way, your completed piece will be featured in the November issue, digital version. We look forward to seeing them!"
Take the Studio Challenge!
1. Download the reference photo for this charming woodland squirrel and draw it.
2. Once your artwork is done, enter it here by October 17, 2019.
3. We'll publish your artwork in the digital edition of the November 2019 COLOR Magazine!
Need help photographing your image? Here's help.
The rules are simple:
• One entry per person.
• Image must be done primarily (75%) in colored pencil.
• Entry dates: September 1 - October 17, 2019.
• Submissions will appear in the digital version of COLOR Magazine in November 2019.
• Have fun!
We're excited to see your entry!